Advantage CSP is a powerful and dynamic content management system that allows users to go beyond generic templates. Instead, users can create their pages with custom fields. Structured documents allow you to separate content (data) and design. It also enables content re-use on other site sections or other websites with different layouts.
Ultimately this speeds up day-to-day page management and the creation of complex content types and allows for business users with limited technical skills to be self-sufficient when managing their website and application.
Snippets are small pieces of HTML code that have been predefined so that users can add specific re-usable content functionality to pages or modules.
How to Create a Snippet
- In the navigation menu on the left, click Domain Management and then Configurations Settings
- Go to the System tab
- Click on the pencil icon for Editor
- Go to the Snippets tab
- Click the pencil icon to edit any snippets that have already been created.
- Click the Add button to add and configure a new snippet. The Content area will open up within the list, to name and add content. Click Insert at the top right of the Content area and click Save at the top right of the page to complete.
How to use a Snippet
Once you have created a Snippet it can be used in the Content area of a page on your website in Page Manager or in the Content area of a News Article or Blog in the Content Manager.
- Go to a page for your website and click the pencil icon to edit a module that has a Content area.
- Select the Insert tab.
- In the Content section of editing tools click the Insert Code Snippet as show below.
- From the pop-up menu select the Snippet you wish to use.
- Click Update at the top right corner to save the module updates and Save as Draft to save edits or Publish page to make the updates available to end users.
How to Remove a Snippet
- Select the </>HTML button at the button of the Content editor.
- Select the entire HTML block of code for the Snippet and delete it. Then click the Design button to return to Design mode.