Once you have placed the image and it appears in the Editor window, if you would like the image to be linked to another website when embedded on the page, right-click the image and select ‘Image Map Editor’.
You will be presented with the following window:
To select an area of the image you would like hyperlinked to another website, follow these steps:
- Click ‘New Area’, and a shaded rectangle will appear over the image in the Preview pane
- Select and drag this shaded box over the area of the image you would like to be hyperlinked
- Enter the URL of the website where you would like a user who clicks this area to be sent to
- In the ‘Target’ drop-down window, select how you would like the Link to open
- Enter the Alt text for this link
- When your information is complete, click ‘Update Area’ followed by ‘OK’.